Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
BintangB
Insane Poster

Reged: Jun 21 2006
Loc: Brissie
Valium??
      #214585 - Fri Mar 23 2007 06:53 AM

Aye guys!!

Does anyone know if you are allowed to take valium into Bali?? One of my mates there told me it was illegal to bring it over as you can make ecstacy out of it - i really don't think that's right though!! is there a website that lists what medications are banned there??

I feel as though i am the only person who doesn't have a trip booked at the moment!! Does anyone else have the blues and no countdown??

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
chris1959
Insane Poster

Reged: Mar 19 2007
Loc: MOORA WA
Re: Valium?? [Re: BintangB]
      #214589 - Fri Mar 23 2007 07:22 AM

Went to BAli Feb with mother, sister + husband. Mum was advised to get medical letter stating use of valium. And yes no booking to Bali just yet. Have to hang out till Dec maybe when daughter finishes Yr 12. Sounds like a good excuse to me. Usually in June we make for a 2 week break but building house in sunny Moora (priorties I guess)

chickchili
Crazy Poster

Reged: Oct 29 2002
      #214612 - Fri Mar 23 2007 09:15 AM

Heres a link to a page about prohibited imports.
Its to a Canadian site but still current info for all countries

prohibited imports info

PokerTam
Crazy Poster

Reged: Feb 17 2007
Loc: Melbourne Via Ubud
Re: Valium?? [Re: chickchili]
      #214621 - Fri Mar 23 2007 11:48 AM

I'm pretty sure you'd be ok with a dr's prescription with your name on both the tablets and the script.

I think I took some last time, for a back problem threat related to my condition.From memory they were in my cosmetics case in my check in luggage. Certainly no one checked my bags or questioned me...and mum never got questions and she had an epipen which is a dirty great syringe with basically adrenaline shot in it in case of allergic reaction that she suffers badly from!!!!!

Renno_Queen
Master

Reged: Dec 17 2003
Loc: Wollongong, Oz
Re: Valium?? [Re: PokerTam]
      #214625 - Fri Mar 23 2007 07:33 PM

I took some last trip for a back injury. Had letter for customs from Dr but they never looked at it. Even visited Kerobokan prison with some in my bum bag (on the bike just in case) and had no troubles at all.

Make sure if you are out and about with it and unsure - have the letter from your GP and the pack the valium comes with. It is a bit suss to just carry around the blister pack without a script or letter.

Sally_Ken
Freak

Reged: Feb 03 2006
Loc: Queens Park. WA
Re: Valium?? [Re: Renno_Queen]
      #214642 - Fri Mar 23 2007 10:09 PM

I take all my SCRIPT medication and always carry a letter from my Dr to say they are prescribed to me. I put them in my luggage. thou it is recomended that you carry these incase something happens to your luggage.
Reno says she took them with her to Kerobokan.....well you were lucky someone didn't approach you to swap drugs. They have a better supply in there than you could buy on the streets.

arthurdent
Crazy Poster

Reged: May 07 2006
Loc: Island of the Waponi Woo
      #214660 - Sat Mar 24 2007 12:13 AM

... To cover our a55 we brought everything in its original container (in USA all the prescribing/originating info is on the pill bottle label)--talking Ambien, Lexapro, etc--but nobody cared, if they even noticed.

-Bottom line, you gotta attract their attention first.

So try not to worry and enjoy yourselves...

-The yank

baliourlife
Freak

Reged: Jan 20 2007
Loc: Sunny Cronulla 48 weeks Bali 4
      #214663 - Sat Mar 24 2007 12:20 AM

I take Zanax which I was prescribed by the BIMC a couple of years ago, had big worries about youngest son having developed epilepsy caused over anxious mum to have first anxiety attack (at 48 mind you) so just in case I take with me but have letter from doctor, no problems at all, customs seem to worry more about the gifts we take for our friends??? go figure??? Just take a letter you will be fine

bratz
Fast Newbie

Reged: Mar 21 2007
Loc: Perth
Re: Valium?? [Re: baliourlife]
      #214664 - Sat Mar 24 2007 12:36 AM

Yep, I took some along with other related medications into Bali but had a letter from my GP/Psych just in case.

MelissaS
Freak

Reged: May 31 2006
Loc: Central Coast NSW
Re: Valium?? [Re: bratz]
      #214665 - Sat Mar 24 2007 12:58 AM

I don't know about taking it to Bali, but I could do with some today, I am having a crap day at work and all my friends in Bali are sending me their Ogoh Ogoh photos, errrrr

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 51 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Moderator, Made2 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5906

Rate this topic

Jump to

Bali Forum and News | Board Rules Bali Forum and News

| Bali Travel Guide | Bali Villas Accommodation | Bali Video Clips | Bali Chat Room | Bali Forum & News |
| Bali Maps | Bali Restaurant Guide | Bali Hotels | Gateway To Bali | Diving | Bali Island |
| Bali Beaches | Bali Events | Bali Shopping | Bali Shops | Bali Nightlife | Bali Restaurants |
| Bali Family Holidays | Bali Places | Bali Boutique Hotels | Bali Cruises | Rafting Bali | Wedding in Bali |
| Bali Arts Festival | Adventure in Bali | Bali Architecture | Health and Spa | Product Exports |

Other useful links
| Bali Wedding Guide | Bali Hotels Association | South Kuta Bali Business Association |

All images and text on this site are the property of MMC Marketing Group and
its affiliates and are protected under International
copyright laws. Copyright 1996-2013 All rights reserved